Have you ever wondered about how the ‘famous’ bloggers make it into the big time?
They blog often, all the time, and they blog well.
And at some point in time, they begin to advertise.
1. Often depends upon you. If you can blog 8 times a day every day, you will gain more readership than if you blog once a month.
2. They blog all the time. Yes, they may take off for a month here and there. But, they always come back to blogging. And their readers know that.
3. They blog well. Yes, you will find many ‘freshly pressed’ bloggers who do not blog well. But, the top bloggers do blog well.
4. They do not please everyone. They write to their audience. And their audience is wanting to read this particular author, even if they disagree with him or her.
This is the same reason Rush Limbaugh has thousands of listeners (fans) who are very liberal. They happen to like his particular style, and voice. And the same is true of Rachel Maddow.
The same is true of your blog.
5. Do not be overly and intentionally offensive. Be fair. If you are unnecessarily rude to someone who disagrees with you, even the your readers who disagree with you will usually return less.
I learned that from watching bullies in fifth grade on the play ground.
6. Advertisement …. well, if the blog software you are using is truly designed for blogging, you will gain readership through their blog of the day feature.
WordPress deactivated their advertising of all blogs in favor of advertising their preferred readers.
For good or bad, this means you will probably pay for advertising at some point in your career. However, before that happens, you can also guest blog for other people. You can conduct interviews of other bloggers on your web site. So, there are still traditional blogging methods to advertise your blog over time.
We hope you become a great (better) blogger, and influence the world around us for Jesus Christ.